"Encounter Jesus, Engage Disciples, Evangelize the World"
From the Office of the Archbishop:
The Catholic Bishops of Alberta are welcoming the news that attendance limits on worship services will be expanded under Stage 2 of the Alberta government’s relaunch strategy.
However, the guidelines for Stage 1 of reintroducing public celebrations of the Mass were developed by a task force the Bishops established under the direction of Archbishop Richard Smith of Edmonton and Bishop William McGrattan of Calgary. Until further notice, those guidelines remain in effect.
Under those guidelines, parishes will still have to meet several conditions for public celebrations of the Mass. These include:
- Ensuring physical distancing of two metres between people who are not of the same household.
- Asking attendees to answer a series of health and travel-related questions, as recommended by Alberta Health Services.
- Recording contact information of attendees for the purpose of contact tracing, if necessary.
- Sanitizing hands upon entry and exit.
- Requiring masks for all volunteers and all those who wish to receive Communion.
- Extra cleaning of the Church between Masses.
Thank you for being so cooperative by following the protocols upon entry and throughout the Mass. As you would have seen, we neeed volunteers for point of entry (2), ushering (2), an Extraordinary Minister (for the Masses presided by Fr. Jozef), a lector, and cleaners (2) for sanitizing after Mass. WE are very grateful to all the volunteers who helped us adjust to the new safety protocols for Mass.
There is an urgent need for volunteers at every Mass, both weekdays and weekends. We ask those who are able, no matter which ministry you usually volunteer in, to please call the office to ask to vlunteer in on of these new roles. We have "job descriptions" for each position which will be posted on the entrance board.